Terms and Conditions of Travel Contracts for Travel Arranged by Individuals "*Tehairyokou Keiyaku*" ("Terms and Conditions")
Article 1 Travel Contracts for Travel Arranged by Individuals
AirTrip is a service provided by Airtrip Corp. (the "Company"). The Company acts solely as an agent on the Customer's behalf with the airline or supplier and is not the service provider. Matters not defined or stipulated in these Terms and Conditions shall be governed as per subject to the provisions of the Arranged Tour Contract Section of Standard Form Travel Agent Contract of the Company. The Arranged Tour Contract Section of the Standard Form Travel Agent Contract and these Terms and Conditions is Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
The "Customer" in this "Terms and Conditions" shall mean the "Contract Representative" and the "Traveler", as defined in the Arranged Tour Contract Section of Standard Form Travel Agent Contract of the Company.
Article 2 Application for Contract and Conclusion of Contract
- The Contract Representative intending to apply for booking for travel products shall apply to the Company via AirTrip Website after filling in necessary information in such application form and consenting to the agreed matters.
- In the case of an online application, the Contract Representative shall apply for booking of the travel products after agreeing to the contents of the Tour Contract and the conditions of the travel products that are described in these Terms and Conditions and on the page of the Website on which the contents of booking are displayed. The Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Company accepts such application. The Company shall place a notice on such Website or send an e-mail to the email address designated by the Contract Representative to the effect that the booking has been established immediately after accepting such application.
- In the case of an application by any organization or group, the representative of such organization or group shall handle any contractual transactions concerning the conclusion and cancellation of the Contract in his/her capacity as such representative.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any application due to business circumstances.
Article 3 Tour Prices and Payment
- The Price of the travel products shall be the amount set on the date of application.
- The Company may revise the amount of the Price of travel products prior to the start of the trip if changes in the Price occur due to revisions of transport fare or charges for transportation facilities, fluctuations in exchange rates or any other causes. In such cases, the Contract Representative shall be responsible for any increase or decrease in the Price. Please note that the Company will not refund the difference, if any, arising from revisions of airport-related taxes, fees for use of airport facilities or fuel surcharges after ticketing.
Article 4 Provisions Regarding Alteration and Cancellation of Contract
- The Contract Representative may cancel the Contract at any time with the payment of such costs/expenses as stipulated in this Article. The Company is under no obligation to accept any alteration of the Contract. The Contract Representative shall login to the "My Booking" page on AirTrip Website, cancel the Contract, and may then again apply for another Contract. The Company may accept an application for cancellation of the Contract during AirTrip's business hours (Mon-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm (HKT). (Cancellation fees may vary depending on the date of application; the Contract Representative shall confirm appropriate contact hours and contact information at the time of application.) An application for cancellation made outside business hours may only be considered during business hours of the following business day.
- The Contract Representative shall notify the Company of the name as shown in their passport/government issued ID at the time of application. If the wrong name is given by the Customer at the time of application, the Contract may have to be cancelled and a new contract may have to be established. Some facilities for transportation may refuse any revision of name(s), and the Tour Contract may be cancelled. The Contract Representative shall bear the cancellation fees as prescribed by the Company.
- The Contract Representative shall bear the transfer fees, if any, in the case of any refund to the Customer.
- Your request for a refund of an airfare booked on the AirTrip Website is governed by the terms and conditions of the airline ticket you purchased and are as determined by the airlines. Many fares are non-refundable. Airline charges or cancellation fees under the Contract may apply to your particular airline ticket.
Article 5 Cancellation and Alteration Fees
- Cancellation of your booking is subject to the airline ticket fare/booking condition. Cancellation of your booking may incur charges from airlines, which could be 100% of your booking, regardless of whether or not travel has commenced. If you cancel your itinerary after final documents are issued, a AirTrip cancellation handling fee of at most HKD600.00 will apply per passenger.
- Where a refund is applicable, the turnaround time from the date of your request for a refund to the date you are provided with your refund may take up to 12 weeks. This is beyond the control of the Company.
- The Company is not obligated to accept any alterations of the Contract; the Contract Representative should cancel the Contract and apply for a new Contract.
- Whether the cancellation is initiated by the customer or by reasons outside of the customer’s control (such as acts of God, war, strike or flight cancellations and schedule changes by the airlines) the processing fee and airline card fee will not be returned.
Article 6 Fees and Charges
- Card processing fees will be charged up to 5.0%.
- *Whether the cancellation is initiated by the customer or by reasons outside of the customer's control (such as acts of God, war, strike or flight cancellations and schedule changes by the airlines) the processing fee will not be returned.
- In the case of booking any discount airline ticket with Low Cost Airlines, the Company may charge the Contract Representative airline card fees of up to HKD1,200.00. Airline card fees including Consumption tax, not refundable, and will be charged to your credit card.
Article 7 Responsibility of Company
There are cases where the Company may engage other travel agents or other agents inside or outside Japan to make arrangements in whole or in part on behalf of the Company in the implementation of the Contract. The Company shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Customer intentionally or negligently by the Company or the agent who has been engaged by the Company to make arrangements on behalf of the Company only if notice has been given to the Company within two (2) years from the day immediately following the day when the said damage occurred.
Article 8 Responsibility of Customer
If the Company suffers damage due any intentional or negligent act or failure to act on the part of the Customer, the Customer shall be liable for said damage.
Article 9 Disclaimer
Please note that the Company shall not be responsible for any damage incurred by the Customer in the event of any of the following:
- cancellation or alteration of scheduled flights due to acts of God, war, riot, strike, plane hijacking, or changes made on the part of an airline;
- where the Customer is prohibited from boarding a flight or traveling due to the length of the remaining validity period of their passport or any deficiency in their passport, visa or other document necessary for landing in or leaving pursuant to applicable law (* requirements differ for each region; the Customer is responsible for compliance with said regions.);
- where a booking is cancelled or the Customer is refused boarding a flight due to overbooking by an airline;
- loss or theft of an airline ticket of the Customer (as a general rule, airline tickets will not be reissued.);
- where the Customer has missed a flight due to failure to complete boarding procedures of an airline by the prescribed time (please arrive at the airport early enough to complete procedures, especially at the peak season) or where the Customer has missed a connecting flight with at least the minimum layover time due to tardiness on the part of the Customer;
- where the Customer has missed a connecting flight with at least the minimum connecting time due to late arrival of a flight attributable to an airline;
- where the Customer's airline ticket has been cancelled and became invalid due to the Customer's failure to reconfirm the booking of a departing flight (a return flight) or confirm flight times;
- where the Customer cannot board a flight due to any discrepancy between the name on the passport and the name on the airline ticket.
Article 11 Others
- The Company shall not be responsible for the FFP (Frequent Flyer Program) of any airline, nor any membership program between the Customer and an airline.
- Customer requests/reservations for particular airline seats are not guaranteed Accompanying services, such as onboard services and baggage allowance vary depending on operating airlines, and the Company shall not be responsible for any such services. Please check the details of such services with each airline.
- In case of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the Travel Agent Contract, the terms and conditions of this Contract shall prevail.
Article 12 Personal Information (Important)
- Purposes of Use of Personal Information
Our group companies (including the Company's subsidiaries and affiliates. The same shall apply hereafter) shall reserve the right to use personal information provided by the Customer upon application for a booking of travel products for the purpose of contacting the Customer and to the extent necessary for arrangement and procedures to receive the services provided by facilities for transportation during the travel applied for by the Customer. In addition, our group companies shall reserve the right to use personal information provided by the Customer for the following purposes:
- To notify the Customer of products, services, campaigns, events and seminars of our group companies or companies which cooperate with our group companies;
- To request the Customer to provide opinions or feedback and respond to questionnaires about the Tour;
- To provide the Customer with benefits and services; or
- To prepare statistical data.
- Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Our group companies shall provide in advance personal information of the Customer (including the name, age, date of birth and passport number) electronically to the agent who has been engaged by the Company to make arrangements on behalf of the Company or facilities for transportation to the extent necessary for arrangement of the travel products applied for by the Customer.
- Shared Use of Personal Information
The Company reserves the right to share specific personal data of the Customer possessed by the Company, such as name, address and telephone number, with group companies with which the Company concludes agent contracts to the extent necessary to accomplish purposes similar to those stipulated in Paragraph 1 of this Article. Our group companies reserve the right to use personal information of the Customer for purposes similar to those stipulated in Paragraph 1 of this Article.
Article 13 Sales of Airline Tickets Online
- The Company may refuse an application for any booking of airline tickets made by any Contract Representative not proficient in English, whether orally or in writing (including by e-mail and through any the Company's Website).
- If any of the following applies to the Customer, the Contract Representative shall report such fact to the airline when applying for the airline ticket. The airline may cancel the Contract if it becomes clear that any of the following applies to the Customer after the Contract Representative concludes the Contract without reporting such fact to the airline.
- a minor (pursuant to applicable law) is to participate in the travel products without the Customer, who is such minor's legal guardian;
- Customer is pregnant; or
- Customer has special mobility or medical needs where special accommodations are needed.
In any of the above cases, the Customer may be required to be accompanied by an assistant or a companion as a condition, depending on the situation. In the case of 2-ii and 2-iii above, the Customer may be required to submit a doctor's note/certificate.
- The Company may refuse your application due to business circumstances.
- The Prices of airline tickets shall not include airport-related taxes, fees for use of airport facilities or fuel surcharges which are collected upon issuance of airline tickets, unless otherwise stipulated. The Company shall separately charge the Customer for the said airport-related taxes, fees for use of airport facilities and fuel surcharges converted from the currency of each country at the rate set by the Company at the time of application. Please note that the Company shall not settle the differences between the amount at the time of billing and the amount at the time of travelling, if any. Additional fees may be charged due to significant fluctuations of exchange rates or other causes.
- If the Customer uses a codeshare flight, check-in procedures, onboard service and baggage allowance shall be subject to the provisions of the operating airline. If the Customer's flight is a codeshare flight, a statement to that effect shall be posted on the "MY Booking" page on the Company's Website. Please check the details of services offered by each airline.
- The Company shall issue an airline ticket after confirming full payment of the ticket Price by the Contract Representative. (The same shall apply if the Contract Representative or the Traveler receives an airline ticket at an airport.) No alterations of airline tickets after issuance shall be accepted. The Contract Representative shall be required to cancel the Contract and apply for a new Contract.
- Refunds for any unused portion of airline tickets shall not be given after departure for any reason whatsoever.
- In these Terms and Conditions, "alterations" shall include alteration/modification of any reserved schedule, destination, route, airline, name of the Customer, and any other contents of any booking details.
- The Company shall make arrangements for tour services with due care. However, the Customer shall be required to confirm the contents of this Contract applied for by the Contract Representative, including the contents described on the Answer of Reservation, Departure Information and the airline ticket (including whether the spelling of the name is the same as that on the passport/government issued ID and whether the tour schedule is described as booked) before departure. Especially, the Customer shall make sure that the name is shown as it appears in the passport/government issued ID. Cancellation and alterations after payment due to the Customer's failure to confirm such shall be subject to cancellation or alteration fees. Please alter or correct the contents of your booking, as necessary, prior to payment.
- The cancellation fees described on AirTrip Website shall be the amount including IATA charges.
- If the Customer makes duplicate bookings with other airlines or travel agencies, the above bookings may be cancelled all together and the Customer may be unable to make the booking again.
Article 14 Use of Airline Tickets
- The Customer shall be required to use airline tickets as booked. The Customer may be charged by the airline for the difference against the ordinary rate if the Customer purchases an airline ticket for multiple flights and waives the right to part of the itinerary, if the Customer alters the contents of booking to those other than the travel conditions, or if the airline changes the booked flight to another airline's flight due to weather conditions, strikes or other causes, regardless of whether the Customer obtains any permission from the airline. The Company shall not assume any responsibility for in any such case.
- If the booking is cancelled or altered due to missing a flight or other causes, the remaining part of the booked itinerary shall be cancelled. The Customer cannot use any return ticket or any ticket for part of the itinerary even if he/she has purchased an e-Ticket in advance.
Article 15 Use of Low-Cost Carriers ("LCC")
- Some LCC airlines have options, such as baggage allowance. Please apply for such options directly to the airlines upon departure.
- There is no guarantee that an alternative flight is provided if the booked flight is out of service. Since the flight schedule may be changed at the last minute, please arrive at the Check-in counter early enough to deal with any such change.
- The Company shall not accept, and shall not be responsible for, any alterations of options that may be accepted on the website of any LCC airline.
These Terms and Conditions shall come into effect on August 10, 2015 (Japanese Standard Time).
Established on August 10, 2015